STONE AGE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
These Stone Age Chocolate Chip Cookies are going to ‘fuel the fire within’ so you can go the distance whether you’re headed out on 2 wheels, 2 feet, on the water or any other way your adventure may look.
• 1 heaped cup of Stoked Oats Stone Age Oatmeal
• 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
• 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup, heaping, semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1/4 cup dried cranberries, sweetened with apple juice
• 1 large egg
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 cup of water (Add this at the end a bit at a time. If your egg was small you’ll likely need to use it all).
Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk the egg in a separate bowl and add the vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry. If the mixture looks dry add half the water and mix. If still dry add the remainder of the water and use your hands to work it in and together.
Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and with a spoon make balls of oat mixture. Flatten a bit with your fingers. I made 11, you can make more if you prefer them smaller.
Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes, check the bottoms at 13 minutes and if you want them more well done leave them in a few more. I left them for 15.
Remove and cool and enjoy by the lakeside, on the patio, while hiking, before heading out for your adventure or anywhere your heart desires!