Happy Easter! These rich and chocolatey easter egg oat cookies would be perfect to follow your easter dinner!
- 1 - 1/2 cups Run of the Mill Rolled Oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 - 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Candy coated chocolate eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine butter, white sugar and brown sugar in a bowl. Beat eggs and vanilla in until well combined.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in increments. Mix until combined.
- Stir approximately 1 cup of oats and 1 cup of coconut until combined.
- Scoop heaping teaspoons or dough, roll in oatmeal and coconut before placing on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 minutes, and add press chocolate eggs into the middle.
Recipe adapted from https://www.hersheyland.com/recipes/cocoa-coconut-oatmeal-nests.html